Whether you’re painting your home yourself or hiring a professional painter, there are a few things you should keep in mind when painting the interior of your home.
Here are a few tips from the pros at Broadway Painting Solutions LLC in Novi, MI:
- Start with a clean slate – make sure the walls are clean and free of any dirt, dust, or grease before you start painting.
- Choose the right paint – there are different types of paint for different rooms and surfaces. Make sure you choose the right paint for the job.
- Use painters tape – this will help you create clean lines and prevent paint from getting where it shouldn’t.
- Paint in sections – it’s easier to paint if you break the job down into smaller sections.
- Use a drop cloth – this will protect your floors and furniture from paint.
- Wear the right clothing – avoid loose clothing and opt for something that you don’t mind getting paint on.
- Prepare the room – move furniture out of the way and cover any areas that you don’t want to paint.
- Paint with a primer – this will help the paint adhere to the walls better and will provide a better finished product.
- Let the paint dry completely – before you add any finishing touches, make sure the paint is completely dry.
following these tips will help you paint like a pro!