What's the best way to choose interior paint colors?
- Lighter colors generally help lighten a dark or poorly-lighted room. They can also provide a psychological lift and give your room a open, cheery feel. Lighter colors can be great for smaller rooms as they make walls and ceilings appear to be further away, making the room appear larger.
- Darker colors can give a room a unique, dramatic look. They can be great for bedrooms and other cozy rooms since they give the feeling of intimacy. They do the opposite of lighter colors, making walls and ceilings appear to be closer. Rooms painted in darker colors are perfect for making a space feel warm and comfortable.
- Looking for something bright and vibrant? Taking a chance with some bold colors can give you a fun, exciting atmosphere and make any room in your home special.
How should I select exterior paint colors?
- When you are selecting exterior paint colors, consider the "fixed colors" of your home. These are the colors of your roof, brick, stonework or wood. Decide on a color that goes great with those parts of your home for a cohesive, classic look.
- Choosing lighter exterior paint colors will make a small house seem larger, and choosing dark colors will make a large house seem smaller.
- If you have a larger, boxy house, consider breaking it up using a trim color that contrasts the body color of the house.
What's the best choice for exterior paint finishes?
- Flat and low sheen finishes are best for exterior siding. This makes them easier to touch up and won't show imperfections in surface structures.
- Higher sheen paints are best for gutters, trim, doors, and windows. They are easier to wash and handle moisture better. They are also resistant to scuffs and stains.
When should I repaint the exterior of my commercial building?
Your commercial building in Michigan withstands a wide range of weather throughout the year. Standing up to the elements outside will invariably cause damage to its exterior paint. Keep an eye out for cracking, chalking, blistering, and mildew. These are a warning sign that the exterior paint on your commercial building needs some attention. If you’re unsure about whether or not your building is ready for a new coat of paint, one of our experts would be happy to take a look. Our commercial painting professionals can analyze the surface areas and recommend the best course of action. Sometimes touch-ups can be made, or a complete exterior paint job might be in order.
What kind of paint do you recommend for commercial buildings?
How will the exterior surface be prepared?
- Sanding: Sanding the area for paint gets rid of chipped paint and gives the perfect surface for new coats of paint. We carefully sand all areas of the exterior including trim and hard to reach areas to make sure the surface is ready for paint.
- Cracks: We carefully fill gaps to give the best finished look. We use caulk to fill in cracks to give a professional looking finish.
Sherwin Williams Preferred Business Partner
Sherwin-Williams provides innovative paint solutions to ensure customer satisfaction no matter where they are in Michigan or what surfaces they're painting or coating. With a variety of high-quality paints, coatings, and supplies, Sherwin-Williams has the perfect solution for any project.
Just got home and you guys did a great job. Look like I'll be hiring you again! I will be recommend you to my friends and family.